Swiped from 1. Your first OC ever?
Me and my brothers have been creating character since we were little. Hard to say who was first or if I even remember them.
I think as far as what I have on deviantart I was running ideas for Teril and Jasmine through my head first.
2. Do you have a personal favorite among your OCs?
This is hard to choose. My favorite jumps from mood to mood.
3. Have you ever adopted a character or gotten a character from someone else?
Quite a few. Someone encouraged me to look at designs for some ideas and I tried it out casually by getting Lil Red Kitty Todd
and a few other animals.
It can be as addictive as a video game coming up with a character to go with a design or picture. Or finding a picture that just perfectly rounds out that idea you were coming up with like with Terilhar
4. A character you rarely talk about?
I have several I haven't posted anything on here about. And I have a whole story world off of deviantart I'm trying to work on. Also I need to make character ref sheets for quite a few.
5. If you could make only one of your OCs popular/known, who would it be?
I have a book I was trying to write up until last year I'm trying to rewrite and recover. Hopefully someday . . .
6. Two OCs of yours that look alike despite not being related?
I have so many animal characters it's bound to happen. Especially if they have natural colors.
7. Are your OCs part of any story or stories?
8. Do you RP as any of your OCs? If you do, introduce one of your RP OCs here!
Yes, just not on the computer. I tend to do face to face RP Usually Teril, Jero, Jasmine, Kestren. Eloria, Keenan. Rift, Yovana. Kaleb, Val, Kazeera.
9. Would you ever be willing to give any of your OCs to someone else?
If for some horrible reason I gave up working on stuff I likely would. I handed over some adoptable designs to my brother to use in his stories.
10. Introduce an OC with a complicated design?
I adopted from
Helped out by making his dragon form. I made his character. This guy has three creators.
11. Is there any OC of yours you could describe as a “sunshine”?
Probably the kid characters like Todd. Eloria and Jero try to keep a positive and understanding tone but even then is can only go so far.
Kaleb (and his gang) who cause trouble for the real troublemakers, Rayburn who is always poaching on Tebrate with increasing violence.
14. Introduce an OC with a tragic backstory
A lot of my characters have a tragic point in there lives. But I'd have to say Rayburn or Kaleb are really built on tragedy. Rayburn caused his own and Kaleb is a victim of a psycho cult.
15. Do you like to talk about your OCs with other people?
Whenever I get a chance.
16. Which one of your OCs would be the best at biology (school subject)?
Drycen. He was trained by his Dad who literally used the knowledge of magic and science to alter creatures and plants on Tebrate. (though he has mixed feelings about it himself)
Or Tailath who has done this herself. (her posing as a biology teacher could be interesting . . .)
17. Any OC OTPs?
I have several marriages (or matings). Don't know if they count as a ONE TRUE PAIRING.
I have a couple named Rift and Yovana. Probably the most obsessed with each other.
Lachlan Lachlan's Pride and Rainbow Fang Rainbow Fang- Lachan's mate and their cubs(mostly) are pretty loving and caring caring to each other to the point she has him wrapped around her paw at times. (though for the sake of tough warriors Lachlan unemotionally 'makes cubs' with other females)
Jasmine and Kestwren.
Val and Kazeera who have kept there little crush going despite being turned into animals.
18. Any OC crackships?
Not really. Have some on running jokes about people trying to get with other characters though.
Pairing suggestions I have shot down when discussing the characters are Teril/Jasmine, Teril/Vallemo, Drycen/Jasmine, Drycen/Vallemo. Kaleb/Jasmine, Kaleb/kazeera,
19. Introduce an OC that means a lot to you (and explain why)
This would be hard to answer. I have an attachment to several of my OCs.
20. Do any of your OCs sing? If they sing, care to share more details (headcanon voice, what kind of songs they like etc)?
Eloria. She likes to sing several types of songs from love songs to ballads to more upbeat songs.
21. Your most artistic OC?
Eloria or Drycen. ELoria because she loves crafting and making beautiful food dishes and Drycen because he likes to make very detailed notes complete with drawings.
22. Is there any OC of yours people tend to mischaracterize? If yes, how?
Mainly if an OC somehow fits into a 'category'. They will try to ignore whatever you say and argue what they think (or want).
Teril's half demon. He must have a tendancy to go evil.
No, he will go 'feral' during a fight, but he knows who the enemy is at all times.
Jasmine is a mercenary, she'll ignore what's right for money.
I told you, the mercenary group is because a lot of places (sometimes erroneously) won't pay for full time guards. So a guild was built for when these places do wish to pay for such guards. (temporarily). Not only will she change sides if she finds she has been deceived by the payer, her higher ups expect her to bring the deciever in so the public doesn't get the idea they are only in it for the money.
The Beast is obviously a Zombie and if someone lives through his attack they are too.
He does not make Zombies. Otherwise Teril, Jero, and Cicero would be zombies. He poisons people with a venom that causes horrible pain, weakness, low blood pressure and the eventual cessation of cardiac and respiratory system.
23. Introduce OC that has changed from your first idea concerning what the character would be like?
From point A to point Z most of my OCs have changed. I think very rarely an initial idea stays the same.
was going to be a onetime bad guy that attacked Jero when he and Teril first met but he's now a reoccurring unkillable villain related to the leader of his pride.
- Rayburn seen here Lifechanger
was originally going to be a father and son idea. A tragically maimed father and a optimistic son. While working on the idea I decided instead to take the son character and turn him into the dad character before he was maimed.
was meant to die from his run in with the cult and just be another tragic story for his tribe.
was originally going to be a merchant, now she's a mercenary that traveled with the merchants.
-Val was a weird mix of elk and tiger.(one of the wizards mess ups) But then I saw this and somehow it just fit him Sea Ruffian Adopt (Closed)
24. If you could meet one OC of yours, who would it be and why?
My OCs are followed by trouble, they should stay on paper. (or computer)
25. The OC that resembles you the most (same hobby, height, shared like/dislike for something etc?)
I guess Eloria. She has similar love for crafts.
26. Have you ever had to change your OC’s design or something else about them against your will?
Not really. I have had to admit to myself something is just not going to work though.
27. Any OCs that were inspired by a certain song?
I listen to music a lot while brainstorming. SO music to some extent has played a part in many of my characters.
28. Your most dangerous OC?
Hard to say. Beast a psychotic saber cat with venom. Rayburn, a obsessive angry poacher. A number of deranged cultist, demons, angry dragons. Some of my protagonist are dangerous too.
29. Which one of your OCs would go investigate an abandoned house at night without telling anyone they’re going?
Terils done that. So has Eloria but during the day (Keenan was pissed).
30. Which one of your OCs would most likely have a secret stuffed animal collection?
31. Pick one OC of yours and explain what their tumblr blog would be like (what they reblog, layout, anything really)
I guess if Eloria had access to such a thing she would do one over cooking and story telling and singing.
32. Which one of your OCs would be the most suitable horror game protagonist and why?
This is a hard one. Kaleb, because of his past, which included people perfect for horror game antagonist. (they were using blood-torture type magic to create and army of creatures by turning humans into the creatures)
33. Your shyest OC?
Depends on the type of shy. Several of the Tebrate characters are going to be stand offish if meeting a 'non-native'. Keenan is shy if he's meeting someone without his cowl in a area with only pure blood humans. Jero and Kalebs entre race is shy. (Jero is just way less shy than the rest.)
34. Do you have any twin characters?
Teril has a fraternal twin. Drycen has a twin sister. Plus I have several animal characters born to litters, though I don't know that counts.
35. Any sibling characters?
Several of my characters have siblings. Teril has several. Drycen has a sister. Val has a sister. A lot of the animals have siblings.
36. Do you have OC pairs where the other part belongs to someone else (siblings, lovers, friends etc)?
37. Introduce an OC who is not quite human
Most of them. Teril is a witch/high demon hybrid. Kaleb and Jero are from a human like race but different. Keenan is a were dragon.
38. Which one of your OCs would be the best dancer?
Eloria, Keenan have danced. Drycen has actually had dance lessons. Teril accidently admitted so has he as a teenager then never discussed it again.
39. Introduce any character you want
40. Any fond memories linked to your characters? Feel free to share!
I loved coming up with certain story lines. Or when certain things just fell into place while developing the characters.
41. Has anyone drawn fanart of your OCs? If yes, maybe show a picture or two here (remember sources & permissions!)
I've collected a vast amount of art of my characters from others actually. (plus art from when I've first bought some of them)
42. Which one of your OCs would be the most interested in Greek gods?
Drycen, Jero , and Eloria are always reading about something.
43. Do you have any certain type when you create your OCs? Do you tend to favour some certain traits or looks? It’s time to confess.
I try to keep a bit of variety. It doesn't work to have all of them the exact same. Then you'd have a story of nothing but clones.
I do prefer character who don't look like a poster child for steroids.
44. Something you like about your OCs in general
Each character has something I love about them (at least for story purposes. Some of my villians need a sharp stick
I particularly like how each character plays on the others in a story when together.
45. A character you no longer use?
This is bound to happen if you gather a lot of characters.
A lot of my characters get pushed into background. They then either get used again at some point or just become 'past' characters.
46. Has anyone ever told you that you treat your OCs badly?
Yes. I've also been asked "What the H***s the matter with me?"
-Teril getting into a fight with The Beast and a already angry Lachlan is fine but how dare he GET HURT.
-A poisonous saber cat creature YAY. But why is the venom SO DEADLY AND PAINFUL.
-Don't get me started on Kaleb and the fact Rayburn's face scarred so bad.
-Then any emotional stuff like family drama and stuff should end so sweetly apparently.
Some people want tough fighter protagonist and super evil baddies but a kiddie Saturday morning cartoon gloss.
BTW a pal did a commission of Teril's fight Commission: 1tiptip1 . I tried to be nice. I also commissioned his recovery Commission: 1tiptip1
47. Has anyone ever (friendly) claimed any of your OCs as their child?
Not as a child, but as a friend. I was about to actually go to someone house after work to RP with them but they started arguing and whining that we needed to 'set' all the characters relationships. Aside from the fact that friendships should be set through play there ideas went against my characters. Lunch wasn't over before I decided not to go.
48. OC who is a perfect cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure
No, they all have some kind of flaw. Eloria and Jero tend to be the 'peace keeper let's handle this peacefully' type but even they have a limit if the people won't negotiate. Or in the case of Jero's meeting with Rayburn.
49. Which one of your OCs would most likely enjoy memes?
Eloria and Drycen are probably the least likely to get annoyed.
50. Give me the good ol’ OC talk here. Talk about anything you want
Okay, I'll give a few little facts about some of my characters.
-I still feel a little odd about Terils heritage. (I mean his mother is a beautiful looking women and his dad is a demon Anubis creature. Feels like I'm endorsing beastiality)
-When I found out I won the auction for Keegan, who was part of a elemental set I almost told the person I changed my mind because the irony of winning a fire character right after my house burned made me temporarily irration. (glad I calmed down)
-Eloria loves to sing, but I can't write songs or poetry to save my life.
-The shape to Terils home Island, Tebrate, is based on odd shapes I took pictures of in the snow.
Also, a little advice. Don't get so stuck on an idea for a character you can't move a story. Sometimes it helps to set it aside and come back later with an open mind.